HOPE is a co-operative playgroup for families with young children (infant – 5 years) that are Greek Orthodox and Members of the Hellenic Community of Ottawa.
The objective of HOPE Playgroup is to lead our young children into a living, active relationship with our Orthodox faith and Greek heritage. The events, which are all selected to be age-appropriate, allow plenty of opportunity for free and structured activities, as well as excellent social interaction for the adults who are required to accompany the children.
The group meets on various Tuesdays or Saturdays in the morning, in our Church Hall (basement). Please contact the Directors for dates and details.
HOPE is run by volunteers so we ask that everyone contribute to the following routine tasks that must be done each Tuesday morning:
- Toy set up & clean up;
- Snack prep & clean up;
- Craft prep; and,
- Post-play clean up
Approximate Schedule of Activities
|9:30 – 10:25||Free Play|
|10:25 – 10:30||Toy clean up & hand washing|
|10:30 – 10:40||Snack Time (nut-free snack and juice provided)|
|10:40 – 10:45||Snack clean up|
|10:45 – 11:00||Circle time|
|11:00 – 11:20||Craft Time|
|11:20 – 11:30||Post-Play Clean up|
- Every adult is entirely responsible for the behavior, whereabouts, and well-being of the child(ren) he/she is accompanying at all times. HOPE does not take any responsibility for the children, as this is a parent-supervised playgroup.
- Please do not bring your child to Playgroup with a cold, flu, or fever. We must protect the children, any expectant mothers, and other adults from contagious illness.
- Since this is an Orthodox Christian Playgroup, the children are taught to make the sign of the cross before eating. All adults are asked to help the children with this.
- If you would like to celebrate your child’s birthday with Playgroup, please let one of the directors know in advance that you will be providing the snack for that day. All snacks brought for adults and children must be nut-free to protect children with serious food allergies.
- Remember to sign-in every time you attend, and to inform one of the Directors if there is any change to the information provided on your registration form for that year.